ONGC: Discovery benefit

ONGC: Discovery benefit

Shares of ONGC gained 5% in Monday’s trade after the overseas investment arm ONGC Videsh (OVL) made a significant oil discovery in an onshore block in Colombia.
In a BSE filing, the company said that OVL struck oil while drilling an appraisal well ‘Indico-2’ in CPO-5 block in Llanos Basin of Colombia. OVL is the operator in the block with 70% stake. Geopark, an independent oil and gas company focussed in Latin America, has the remaining 30% interest.
The well ‘Indico-2’ encountered a net pay of 147 feet which during initial testing produced oil of 35.2 degrees API in commercial quantity at the rate of 6,300 barrels per day.

Currently, the well is flowing under short term testing with multi bean study for further evaluation.
The company now plans to drill more wells to explore the other plays in the block in the immediate future. OVL is also undertaking additional 3D seismic data to map more drillable prospects in the other sectors of the block.
OVL has a stake in 7 exploratory blocks in Colombia. These are in addition to two producing blocks with 50% in JV company, Mansarovar Energy Colombia Ltd (MECL).

Disclaimer –
This document is meant for the recipient only for use as intended and not for circulation. This document should not be reproduced or copied or made available to others. The information contained herein is from the public domain or sources believed to be reliable. While reasonable care has been taken to ensure that information given is at the time believed to be fair and correct and opinions based thereupon are reasonable, due to the very nature of research it cannot be warranted or represented that it is accurate or complete and it should not be relied upon as such. Also above note is not a recommendation to Buy or SELL and is only a view based on facts and figures and we will be in no way responsible for any losses incurred by anyone who uses this information to either trade or invests securities mentioned herein.